Back Yard Horseshoe Pits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ-SR4ever

Mar 19, 2011
New Hampshire
Im currently building a new horseshoe pit and was wondering if anybody plays and has made their own pit. I never really had good space for one and now im clearing brush and clearing some space for one. Any good tips? Or pics of what you have? Warm weather has finally arrived and cant wait to spend time outside!

Ah, the sounds of summer, horseshoes is one of my favorites. All I can tell you is neighborhood cats use them as rest areas. Keep the pits covered if you have outdoor cats in the area.

I like the clay pits the best. Its expensive but Sweeeet!

I'd like to see something with a fire or water hazard to contend with....I've been working on a variation of horseshoes...I call it Canadian horseshoes...its played with no horseshoes, instead we use squares of cork flooring..on a paved surface. Its more fun than it sounds.

LOL. Good times Delta, Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.