Backup power test for Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oregun

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2017
Oregon
Decided to do a test to see if my backup power for my pellet stove would function in the event of power failure.
I have dual 12V deep cycle Rv batteries in my slide-in truck camper. Batteries are in parallel and connected to Harbor Freight 1000 watt inverter.
I think this inverter is supposed to be modified sine wave and just want to see if it will function with the Harman.

Connected the stove and lit it manually, stove ran normally for about 3 hours with the batteries starting out fully charged.
Stove was able to run in room temp mode successfully. Could have run the igniter but figured it would hit the batteries harder.
Satisfied I decided to turn it off. Recharged the batteries, maybe 5- 6 hours to recharge fully.
So I think I could get an overnight run and recharge batteries during the day with my gas generator and repeat as necessary.

Reactions: DAKSY
I have Inverter/Charger hooked up Harmon XXV. I get 10-12 hours on couple of Hundred Amp Batteries. Ran 10 hours on one 100ah Battery and another 37ah. I switch the stove to manual and 1/2 fan speed for low power usage.

Reactions: Washed-Up