Backwoods, I'll bet yiu even have some of these.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
http://www.stonechilled.com/ Made from polished Scottish granite,about 3/4" cubes.

I first seen these while on vacation in Scotland Sept 2004.A few years ago started seeing them here in the States.Pretty cool idea no pun intended. I have a bunch of smaller scrap pieces of marble & granite left from various projects.Gonna get out the tile saw & mini grinder out & make a set.:cool:

Hello. Dr. Libby and Dr. Caurso Dental.

Yeah, it's me. Jake. Is Dr. Caruso in . . . I think I broke a tooth.

Oh, how did that happen?

I was drinking out of a cup that had stone ice cubes in it.

:)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
KC, I have lots of odd shapes so maybe I should polish some and give them a try. I'd read about doing this and wondered. Perhaps I should try. I would even work to keep your beer cold....but then, you drink it fast enough that I doubt it is a problem. ;lol

I just scored some small pieces of soapstone from my neighbor from an old sink that I will cut into small flat cylinders for handwarmers for the wife. We'll set them on the stove to warm them up before using them. I thought Woodstock had them but I forgot to look when we were there.

KC, I have lots of odd shapes so maybe I should polish some and give them a try. I'd read about doing this and wondered. Perhaps I should try. I would even work to keep your beer cold....but then, you drink it fast enough that I doubt it is a problem. ;lol

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, generally not a problem!!

Pen, anything to add?

KC​

Status
Not open for further replies.