bagged wood to the truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossout

Dec 15, 2010
lakeview michigan
At that price natural gas looks sweeet!

I got some trap rock/stone delivered in 1 ton super sacks like those. They are great b/c you can hold them up with a machine and pour the stone into the trench very easily through the opening int eh bottom.

At those prices, for sure they should stack....and more! That would not be cheap heat.

Price aside, seems like a pretty nice operation. They retailed the firewood business to be yuppy friendly. Sure the price is outrageous, but they probably know that and know their customer base isn't people who know squat about cutting, splitting, stacking, and patience. They are selling "bulk" firewood to the people who go to the grocery store and pay $5.49 for .75cuft of kiln dried in a bag, for half the price. Wish I had the time/fortitude to do the same, lot of money to be made.

PapaDave said:
Simple math makes it $450/cord. OUCH!
I could get 3 full cord around here c/s/d for that kind of money. Yeah, I don't think so.
Some, however, WILL pay.

If you read the add closer it's only $150/ cord for un-bagged. Not to bad of a price for good dry wood. He calles it a face cord but it's actually a cord. It says 4' wide x 4' tall stack $75.00

See post below for correction

"4ft tall 4ft wide stack. its in 16 in pieces is 75$ thats 150$ for a face cord. or rick"
He called it a face cord/rick. That's 1/3 cord around here in Michigan. 4 ft. tall, 4 ft wide, 16" pieces is only half a "face cord". Read it again.
4 ' tall, 4' wide, and 4' DEEP, would still only be half cord.

He's in Grand Rapids area. That's about 3 hours from me.
It is a nice operation.
If you look at the wood in a bag, in the back of a regular sized pick 'em up, that's MAYBE a face cord. $100/bag. You pick it up.
I might try to contact them just for the heck of it.

I was thinking 4' x 4' x 4' I guess it is a little salty. My bad. the 4' wide thing must have confused me.

PapaDave said:
Simple math makes it $450/cord. OUCH!
I could get 3 full cord around here c/s/d for that kind of money. Yeah, I don't think so.
Some, however, WILL pay.

he is making some profits if he buys a semi trailer load 10 cords for 600 bucks http://centralmich.craigslist.org/for/2172318198.html i brought wood from a guy a few months ago and he cuts and splits 1 cord a day and he works during the day!! he had 20 cords of wood all lined up! when i brought a face cord from him for 45 he even had a bo flex in the kitchen!! lol he is a one tough guy all beefed up all right

woodsmaster said:
I was thinking 4' x 4' x 4' I guess it is a little salty. My bad. the 4' wide thing must have confused me.

No biggie, I thought the same thing the first 2 times I read it. :cheese:
I guess, whatever the market will bear, eh? He obviously values his time.

I value my time and thats why I don't sell wood. But if I could get that much......

Status
Not open for further replies.