Baker insert wanted/any info!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdfamily

Oct 11, 2012
Hi guys new here, I've been searching high and low for a nice baker woodstove insert for my fireplace. I already have my ss liner in just need the stove and has to be a top exaust. Have any of you had one of their inserts or know of someone who had any experience with them. I have made up my mind that's the stove that I want. (Fireside) If anyone knows of a good one for sale please let me know I live in York co. Pa. Thanks!
Travis

Unless I've missed a resurgence, these are pre-epa stoves. If I remember correctly, I think these were meant for coal and wood? What is your primary goal for burning?

I'll move this thread over in the pre-epa forum so that it is visible there also.

Welcome to the site.

pen

Are you looking to primarily burn wood or coal?

pen

Would be primarily wood but wouldn't ever rule out wood or possibility of throwing some coal in if a longer burn is needed.

Sure sounds like a stout stove. Why not buy new and get what you want?

Ok don't really have the funds to go new or would. Did find an older one today is a double door wood only no shaker grate for $1000 from a local guy that sells used stoves. Didn't see it yet he says it was gone over though. Think thats a lot but ya just can't find these things anywhere!

What do they cost new?

Status
Not open for further replies.