barefoot 280t or energex 225t

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdez

Dec 29, 2009
eastern PA
hello all. I have a harman p61a for 2 years now and before i knew what i had i burned barefoot (LOVE) and then tried Purflame (HATE). In this time i swore i would never burn anything other than barefoot however, the local dealer now has energex for 225/ton and I'm torn between going w/ my tried and true or going against my vow and trying the energex. Any opinions? the purflames burn soooo crappy and i'm scared to get something like them again. Also the barefoot put out soooo much heat compared to the others i've tried and i really want that. any info as to the heat output would be helpful. thanks all!

Try a few bags. If you like them, go for it. If they don't give out enough heat for the really cold time of year, buy a ton for the late winter/early spring season and a ton of the barefoots for the really cold weather. $225/ton sounds like a great price though.

that sounds like a plan. that's sort of what i did once i realized i hated these purflame so i'm just wrapping finishing them off now. my harman ash bin would fill up after 7 bags...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.