Barefoot, Energex, Country Boy Pellets - Any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fullfatboy

Sep 20, 2011
Washington Crossing, PA
Would like any opinions on Barefoot pellets? Good, great, awesome?
What about Energex ($230) and Country Boy $265/ton?
Finally - Hardwood Heat pellets for $197/Ton
Would you buy another brand? Hamers Hot One's? $275/ton

Thanks!

Food Professor said:
Would like any opinions on Barefoot pellets? Good, great, awesome?
What about Energex ($230) and Country Boy $265/ton?
Finally - Hardwood Heat pellets for $197/Ton
Would you buy another brand? Hamers Hot One's? $275/ton

Thanks!

Of those listed I have only tried Barefoot pellets. They burned hot with low ash. However I did not like them because I had consistent problems with the pellets being near 3 inches long. That problem may have been fixed by now however. I also did not like them because I found rubber?, etc. junk pelletized within the normal wood pellets. Once again, this problem may have been fixed by now.

Love Country Boy pellets. I can usually get them at a local farm supply store for $175-$200 per ton. Pure red oak pellets very low ash. They just don't always have them, so I go to Big R and get what ever they have.

Of the ones you mentioned, the Barefoots are a VERY good pellet. I burned a lot of them last winter, and none of the issues with length, junk in the pellets, etc, mentioned above.

That said, the Hardwood Heat at that price would be a no-brainer for me.....they are made by Hamer's.

[quote author="imacman" date="1317338626"]Of the ones you mentioned, the Barefoots are a VERY good pellet. I burned a lot of them last winter, and none of the issues with length, junk in the pellets, etc, mentioned above.

That said, the Hardwood Heat at that price would be a no-brainer for me.....they are made by Hamer's.[/quote

Imacman- any opinion on Green Team pellets? $187

Food Professor said:
Imacman- any opinion on Green Team pellets? $187

Never burned them...use the search feature to read info about them from others. AFAIR, they are a good pellet too.

Why not hedge your bet, and get a split order....1/2 HH, and 1/2 GS.

+1 on the Country Boy pellets. They are a very good pellet. I would rate them as high as Somersets.

Barefoots for me, were top of my own little testing last year, very hot, normal cleaning. I had to open up the airflow quite a bit for them and the auger squeeled every here and then (I believe they are pretty hard and every here and then one got caught up - just guessing).

Thats my pellet for this year, I shelled out quite some money for them, I hope to they live up to the expectation...

Status
Not open for further replies.