Barefoot Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

josieannmarie

Jan 22, 2021
Van Etten, NY
The latest batch of Barefoot pellets I purchased are jamming up my stove. There are a bunch of long pellets in the bags that keep jamming my stove and shutting it down. Has anyone else been having this problem? I have used the barefoot for the last couple of years and had no issues other than the latest pallet I started burning.

The latest batch of Barefoot pellets I purchased are jamming up my stove. There are a bunch of long pellets in the bags that keep jamming my stove and shutting it down. Has anyone else been having this problem? I have used the barefoot for the last couple of years and had no issues other than the latest pallet I started burning.
This is my second year using Barefoot pellets. I have seen a small number of extra long pellets mixed in with each bag (I think I saw this last year, too). I haven't had my stove shut down because of it, but there have been a few times when I notice there are not enough pellets being fed, and have heard some pellet crunching sounds, which I assume are the large pellets being broken up by the auger.