Barefoot pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Jul 23, 2008
Northern RI
I have burnt a few different pellets in Mt Vernon latley I have burning barefoots. I like the heat output and they don't produce a lot of ash int the fire box or ash pan. What I have noticed is they make a ash puck which doesn't drop down during auto clean if you run the stove on setting 1 or 2. This creats somemissed ignition issues. I also noticed the ash clings to things more like the screen at the end of the chimeny, and the fins on the heat exchanger. So instead of 3-4 weeks I have to do a major cleaning every 2 weeks. All things concidered I would buy them again. But the lignetics I had at the begnning of the year, hardwood white and green bag) butlrned just as well and the ash didn't seem to going as much. I could major clean every 4 weeks running it hard.
Just a little personal experience I wanted to pass on.

I burn softwoods that make a puck shaped clinker but it drops everytime.
Also clean my stove weekly.
make sure your pot is scraped clean and there is nothing left on the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.