Basement walls, Brightboard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mybasement has studs and insulation. I need to either redo the wallboard (significant damage) or find something else. I don't want a fine finished look, this will be a pottery studio, so walls that I can wash would be optimal. I found a product called Brightboard, but it seems to only be available to installers.

Are there any easy to install, just plastic panels that you'd recommend?

My brother used it on two walkout basement doors over PT plywood that we fabbed up. He pegged it every 16" inches or so. It does buckle a little from the expanding and contracting of the wood as it is a southern exposure. If used inside with liquid nails over sheetrock, it should be good to go.

So if a pot does not work out you could slam it into the wall guilt free. That would be awesome, like angry art or something. Maybe anger management therapy. The possibilities...

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.