Bathroom full of Cedar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
If you'll bear with me, you'll see this is wood related. I just thought I'd share what my brother and I have been doing this week.
This is what we started with on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_3806resize.jpeg
    IMG_3806resize.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_3814resize.jpeg
    IMG_3814resize.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 607
Here's where we ended today. See what I mean about being wood related?

Attachments

• IMG_3858resize.jpeg
    IMG_3858resize.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_3860resize.jpeg
    IMG_3860resize.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_3842resize.jpeg
    IMG_3842resize.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 610
Man, Looks good, but I would be very leary about all that wood and moisture in a bath. Have you done this before? How does it last?

I have a friend that did his bath in Alaskan yellow cedar. It finished out beautifully. This is rot resistant wood. The bath has been in service for 10 years now and the only difference is that the wood has darkened a bit due to aging and exposure to light.

looks like a vast improvement nice work! i agree wood will probably darken with age but will still look great.

Thanks for the comments.
We'll be finishing up most of this Monday or Tuesday, then have to wait for the tile to come in(back-ordered) before we can finish the countertop.

A friend of mine had a bathroom like that, but he just ripped all the cedar out of it last fall. He burned it in his fire pit.

Did you forget the shower head? How was it to bring in that full width enclosure with a narrow room? Even the 2 piece enclosures must be tough. Looks like you must have moved the drain too. Lots of plumbing. The walls and tile are nothing compared to the plumbing.

Highbeam said:
Did you forget the shower head? How was it to bring in that full width enclosure with a narrow room? Even the 2 piece enclosures must be tough. Looks like you must have moved the drain too. Lots of plumbing. The walls and tile are nothing compared to the plumbing.

That's funny.
Plumbing to be finished soon. Light fixtures are missing too. We didn't move any plumbing, just unhook, re-hook. Got lucky on this one, since the previous tub drain was right where it needed to be for this one.
That shower is a 4 piece. Base, back wall, then2 ends.

Looks good Dave.

Looking at your pictures reminded me of a job I was on in NJ, This lady had her Attic converted into a Ceder closet, take a look

Attachments

• IMGP1509.jpg3.jpg
    IMGP1509.jpg3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMGP1508_resize.jpg
    IMGP1508_resize.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 392
  • IMGP1510.jpgcloset2.jpg
    IMGP1510.jpgcloset2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 395
Quite a closet

What you don't see is that there are 5 of us in there at the same time. Nice to have money!!

Highbeam said:

Highbeam,
I know you were worried about the shower head, so we put one in to calm your nerves. :lol:
They can now use everything but the sink, we're still waiting on the tiles for the countertop.

Attachments

• IMG_3893resize.jpeg
    IMG_3893resize.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 349
The tile finally got here, but in the meantime while waiting, another job had to be started. Took about 3 days for that one, then the weekend hit, I was out of town last Sat., and so were these folks, so we got back in there today and finished up. Lots of little details today, but we got 'er done.

Attachments

• IMG_3912resize.jpeg
    IMG_3912resize.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3913resize.jpeg
    IMG_3913resize.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_3917resize.jpeg
    IMG_3917resize.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.