Batten Down The Hatches in the Northeast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
From here on North through CT it ain't looking pretty weather wise. Looks like PA to CT is gonna get the hammering we got a week or so ago. Ours doesn't look quite that bad but will roll in at one in the morning.

Be safe friends.

Reactions: zap
That looks like the one that came through last night for us. We got 1.1" out of it and are very thankful.

Dropped some needed rain here too. Wife had to find a safe place to pull over on her way home from work and wait about 15 minutes since she didn't feel comfortable driving with the trees swaying so and poor visibility. I was coming home with the boys and drove around a mess of trees in the road while it was storming but didn't see any real damage on the trip I was taking. Power was out at the mother-in-laws, but I set the generator in place for her so if it's out long, she'll be set.

These things are certainly a mixed blessing.

pen

Filled up the pots, seriously thinking about bringing in one of the "water garbage cans".

Plenty of bottled water for the pups & kittehs.

Yeah I have been watching Pen's area and Long Island thinking about you two.

Providing power to the MILs house. Priceless. She really knows the girl married the right one now. ::-)

Reactions: pen
Yup, all hell is breaking loose here. I have the truck parked "far" enough from any big trees to make it a sub compact. See what the morning brings. Chains are sharp, and damn........... haven't used the saws in 3 months. Getting a bit itchy.

KC

Poor Doug

The lineman here have to be hating life seeing another round coming. They have been doing this for over a month now. Pick'em up, hook'em up. Pick'em up again. Hook'em up again.

It looks like the worst is just clearing Dix's house and just a lot of rain from here on out. Same for CT hopefully.

we got hammered twice this evening, since 4:00pm we've probably gotten close to 2" of rain, lots of thunder and lightning. We had some bad wind for a bit between 3 and 4:30, but it died off. Just really stormy since then. Still rumbling and raining outside, I think the worst is past us now. Stay safe all.

Missed us by this much !!!

Got a good watering, though.

Didn't bring in the garbage can.

We got enough rain this morning to keep the dust down for at least an hour. I had higher hopes.

We got enough rain this morning to keep the dust down for at least an hour. I had higher hopes.

We got 1.1" on Thursday and another 1.9" Friday. Normal for July here is less than 3" and we are well over 5" so far for the month. Too bad some of this didn't come in June.

We have had steady rain throughout most of the day.
smiley-happy002.gif
smiley-happy002.gif
smiley-happy002.gif

4.5 inches of rain today, and more tomorrow.

So glad this years fire wood is dry, and top covered.

I was at the museum today, and saw a parade (8 trucks) of Asplunhd vehicles going East on Sound Avenue. I can only assume they were coming off of the Orient/New London Ferry, and were on their way home from Ct.

4.5 inches of rain today, and more tomorrow.

So glad this years fire wood is dry, and top covered.

I was at the museum today, and saw a parade (8 trucks) of Asplunhd vehicles going East on Sound Avenue. I can only assume they were coming off of the Orient/New London Ferry, and were on their way home from Ct.

Wow!!!! That is a lot of rain for a day. Get out the rubber boots!

Status
Not open for further replies.