Be careful on the ice!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Another small trailer load of wood and little tractor stalled on an incline. Its a very dependable machine and it has happened before so I assumed it ran out of gas.
I thought if I could just roll it to that level spot, 8' away it would probably start and I could be on my way.
As I am rolling it backwards, I slip a little and just catch myself before I run myself over.
Man, you need to be careful on ice! Its only a thousand # tractor but who knows!

Yep - got to be careful. Had the ATV idling in gear (forward) on a slight decline during the last snow storm. Got out to move something in front of the machine and noticed it was rolling toward me - plow first. Probably wouldn't have done any damage - too slow, but......need to think about this stuff! Cheers!

My backyard has melted and refrozen, so that I probably could bring out my ice skates and give it a try. Decided not to do any serious wood work out there today. Instead, I trimmed some broken branches from a damaged dogwood and scrounged some pine from a neighbor whose tree had fallen in the last snow storm.

I HATE f'n ice. That is the only time I will not travel any roads, or even get out of the house.

A quite a few moons ago, when going to middle skool, I slipped on it. I was knocked uncontentious for atleast an half hour; probably more like an hour; before a passer-by found me laying on the sidewalk. I remember going to school and than waking up in C.C. not knowing where I was or what happened. That day forth; I've been especially careful of that frozen water.

Status
Not open for further replies.