Beaver Wood Energy LLC is not making friends in Vermont

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the study I find interesting. Similar study done for Henniker, NH.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.leadfreeordie.com/PDFs/propvaluesHenniker.pdf&h=a0118

No one wants industry in their back yards but I suppose its ok to send our boys and girls to the mid-east to be mamed and killed for the biomass alternative. Personally, I'd be proud to have that industry in my backyard and all those gainfully employed people in my local economy. Perhaps I'm biased because the biomass industry pays my bills.

My experience with industrial wood power plants in my book are not practical or efficient with current technologies. Wood gasification with a gas turbine with a much higher efficacy rate would be better compared an over all efficacy with current designs in the high teens. As for emissions, that's just BS it's no different than tens of thousands of wood burning appliances in homes with out pollution control. I think any kind of industrial power plant the Northern New England unless it's Natural Gas would be difficult to build.

I read the web site from the developer. If the web site is accurate the company really is eco friendly and reuses virtually all items from the process. Even the ash will be used for fertilizer. They plan on being a plant for electricity and pellets using local resource's that are left from logging processes. The plant will reduce the local town's taxes by up to 30% and hire many from the area. The track has been abandoned for years and the town has very little industry left. Many opponent speakers aren't even local citizens and oppose wood plant's generally. There is very little down side to the plants and the state could use the jobs and added revenue.

As for previous uses of the track and shady charcters. A group from out of state tried to reopen the track for racing numerous years ago and the state disallowed the venture.

Wood Pellet User said:
I read the web site from the developer. If the web site is accurate the company really is eco friendly and reuses virtually all items from the process. Even the ash will be used for fertilizer. They plan on being a plant for electricity and pellets using local resource's that are left from logging processes. The plant will reduce the local town's taxes by up to 30% and hire many from the area. The track has been abandoned for years and the town has very little industry left. Many opponent speakers aren't even local citizens and oppose wood plant's generally. There is very little down side to the plants and the state could use the jobs and added revenue.

As for previous uses of the track and shady charcters. A group from out of state tried to reopen the track for racing numerous years ago and the state disallowed the venture.

i agree with everything you said...part of the problem is noone in pownal pays taxes or wants a job if you know what i mean, and they also receive subsidized oil deliveries...so pellet stoves are not on thier minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.