Beech Off The Ground!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is the area we posted yesterday when my wife found this downed Beech. It was a great day for cutting, warm but a nice wind so just when I finish cutting a here my wife, brought lunch so we had a nice 45 minute break.

She likes the area alot so it looks like some trail clearing so we have better access to this part of our property. Most of the trees are Sugar Maple & Beech with some Ironwood. Had some clearing to do so I could get the rhino close, it's like a small cul de sac that leads out to the main trail.

Attached are some pictures.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4049.jpg
    100_4049.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_4050.jpg
    100_4050.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 311
  • 100_4051.jpg
    100_4051.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_4053.jpg
    100_4053.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_4059.jpg
    100_4059.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_4060.jpg
    100_4060.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 318
Great pics and great firewood! Been too hot to do much here with temps breaking recored here today..

Ray

You dog Ray, ;-) hamming it up with OLD Gamma!

zap

zapny said:

zap

All in good fun Zap I assure you! :)

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

Yep, looks like everyone had a great time. Maybe next year for us.

zap

zapny said:
raybonz said:
zapny said:

zap

Ray

Yep, looks like everyone had a great time. Maybe next year for us.

zap

I would look forward to that Zap! From the way Dennis was talking they may not be there next year.. They as you know are some terrific people and I was glad to have met them! We had a nice dinner Friday night and lots of laughs.. It's a memory I will cherish for years to come.. You too had the priveledge of having them there and I am sure you know what I mean.. I wonder if Woodstock has this cookout/open house on Columbus Day weekend every year or is more random?

All the Hearth.com people were great to meet! I didn't get a chance to talk to Battenkiller unfortunately so I wonder how his house search is going..

Ray

I think Mrs. & Mr. Bk put an offer in on a house with November being the month they should find out. This is all from memory so maybe BK can chime in.

zap

I remember someone asked you in your other thread but you didn't respond to their question.
How much land do you actually have? Or how much wooded land do you have?

Really nice lookin area Zap. Can see why your Mrs. would enjoy it. Can't believe how much green you guys have up down there yet.

rottiman said:
Really nice lookin area Zap. Can see why your Mrs. would enjoy it. Can't believe how much green you guys have up down there yet.

Most of the green are the Beech Tree leaves in that area, the ferns are slowly turning a yuck brown so I'll give it another two weeks and the woodlands will look much different.

zap

Gorgeous woods and property, looks like it was a beautiful day to be out and working.

zapny said:
rottiman said:

Most of the green are the Beech Tree leaves in that area, the ferns are slowly turning a yuck brown so I'll give it another two weeks and the woodlands will look much different.

zap

Ours are past peak colour and really starting to come down. I would say one windy, wet day later this coming week should really open things up.

Love the beech . . . cut close to a cord of beech and maple the other weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.