Been Pretty Busy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad S.

Nov 27, 2007
West Bend WI
I had a 30 yard dumpster of trunks dumped in my drive on Tue. last week. One 36" monster in there! All Ash and Elm. Got home, looked at it and didn't even try the littlie 36cc poulan, went straight to the dealer and got me a Husky 359! 600 for the saw, 2 chains 6 single gallon 2 cycle oil mixers and 1 gallon bar oil! It took 6 tanks to cut the load up and looks to be about 3 cord. I'm not too good at getting the right size..... Most is cut at 16" but the bigger pieces ended up being 20 with a few 21 inchers :shut: Its an art. Oh, and I will try to post pics within a week because If I don't it never happened!!! A lot of work, good to have a strong back and a weak mind..... My neighbors were looking in disgust and disbeleif until I had the whole load cut up in 5 days (1.5-2 hours each day) Now that I am splitting and stacking they are waving again :lol:

Hey Chad, you got a new saw out of this too! Nice. As for the art of cutting to right length, just cut yourself a 16" long stick and mark your cuts before you begin cutting. You can mark with markers or use an axe to just draw a line or notch it. Then you don't have to guess. I surely do not envy you having that big elm though. lol

My neighbors were looking in disgust and disbeleif until I had the whole load cut up in 5 days (1.5-2 hours each day) Now that I am splitting and stacking they are waving again

Precise reason why I don't have any nor want any.................................Play in my wood pile the way I want to, not the way they think I should.......................

Nice score & Nice New saw.
Delivered free?? (you're spoiled :) )
Neighbors are just jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.