Before and after shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
You all have seen (maybe not ALL) my thread on the new shed, but I thought I'd share before and after pics. I might update this again this winter after the snow starts.
Looking at the before just makes me wonder why I waited Sooooooo long to build a shed.

Attachments

• IMG_2096resize.jpg
    IMG_2096resize.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 687
  • shed 004resize.jpg
    shed 004resize.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 776
One great looking shed you built there.

Looks great Dave. Nothing better than not having to dig your fuel out of the snow and ice.

We have a Filon covered shed on the back side of our home, but nothing of the sort next to the barn (built in '07). I wish we did. Maybe we'll add one in the next few years. Nothing like having your wood supply covered. Your new shed looks great!

Looks good PapaDave . . . in fact it looks a lot like my shed.

firefighterjake said:
Looks good PapaDave . . . in fact it looks a lot like my shed.

Jake, must be that great minds thing............yep, that's it.
Yours and others I've seen were sort of my templates.
Thanks to everyone else too for the kind words.
Next is the new raised hearth and wood stove room tile job. The stove is being repaired as well (a little barter deal I made with a friend). New thread and pics will come as that gets started.

I see that you went ahead and added a roof extension on the front since your last post. I did the same with mine. Makes a nice drip edge if nothing else. ;-)

that is a nice shed....but where's the beer tap? oh, must be on the other side.

Good work Dave. I agree that taking another picture during winter with the snow will really show how much that shed is appreciated.

Battenkiller said:
I see that you went ahead and added a roof extension on the front since your last post. I did the same with mine. Makes a nice drip edge if nothing else. ;-)

The piece on the far right is up there to give me an idea how far out I want to take the extension next year. I'll have to take off the drip edge and the fascia to do it, then get some more shingles, and it needs more drip edge too.

PapaDave said:
Battenkiller said:

The piece on the far right is up there to give me an idea how far out I want to take the extension next year. I'll have to take off the drip edge and the fascia to do it, then get some more shingles, and it needs more drip edge too.

Oop. I was looking at it wrong, now I see what you mean. Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to add it when the time comes. Mine comes out almost four feet and it really keeps a lot of the rain out.

Yep, I'm thinking the larger overhang will keep more blowing rain/snow off the wood. We'll see how it works out this winter the way it is first.
Wow, 4 ft.? Not sure I'll go that far, but you're right, it won't take too much work to change.

4 ft is a serious overhang, my shed is only 5 ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.