Before and After

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
I know how much we like pictures, here's a couple of the recent porch remodel. Some of you may recall I was shopping for a heat source for the three season porch, found an AES Baby on craigs, the rest is history. Nice thing is that the stove blows directly into the main house, originally I had it at an angle on the plans.

Attachments

• 0913111130.jpg
    0913111130.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 512
  • 0920110723a.jpg
    0920110723a.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 524
Hope you don't have too much work to do at that desk, you're going to blow yourself out of the room! :)

Boobo0 said:
Hope you don't have too much work to do at that desk, you're going to blow yourself out of the room! :)

There's glass doors between that room and the kitchen, I think they may have to go! Impressed so far with the little stove, the quad in the basement is getting a well deserved rest for now.

Time to update you Signature. Looks awesome. My buddy on bere heats a little over 1,000 sq ft on level 1 in the shoulders and never higher than level 3 when its frigid. Its in his living room and its pointed right down the hallway to the bedrooms. They are good little stoves. Pretty easy to clean to. I like the little clean-out plate on the combustion blower. He had a thread not to long ago, where he ordered the gaskets for it and they sent the Countryside instead of the Baby's gaskets. Still having trouble with them..... But other than that he Loves that thing. He was spending a few hundred a month in fuel oil, until I talked him into a pellet stove. He hated coming to my house and it being 76*, and me sitting there with my shirt off sweating. The Quad was just humming away. He broke down and will never go back. Another story of a "Converted" Burner!

Congrats. Only 1 thing better than a Pellet stove... 2 pellet stoves!!

You will be working in your shorts! :)

Keep us posted on how it does for you! Yes please include how it burns dog food, horse chow, and grapenuts. hehe!!!

Looks great! That's going to be the nicest place in the house!

Looks great! You'll enjoy sitting at the desk, sipping a coffee, watching the snow fly, and being nice & warm. :)

Wow, that's a nice place to sit. If you put a little fan on the floor in doorway blowing the air from the floor toward the stove, you might stand a chance of keeping that room cool enough for you to work at the desk. Didn't see a computer on the desk? Enjoy the stove.

save$ said:
Wow, that's a nice place to sit. If you put a little fan on the floor in doorway blowing the air from the floor toward the stove, you might stand a chance of keeping that room cool enough for you to work at the desk. Didn't see a computer on the desk? Enjoy the stove.

The wife has been looking at the 27" 3.1 iMac and we could use the home business write off, that would look good,no?

Czech said:
save$ said:

The wife has been looking at the 27" 3.1 iMac and we could use the home business write off, that would look good,no?

Sounds like a solid plan to me. I tried the write off thing, but no matter what I did, it didn't equal more than the standard deduction. Make me wonder why I pay so much to have my taxes done only to end up using the standard deduct.
That's a good selection for a computer. You'll really like the big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.