Before...Now After

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacffin

Minister of Fire
I swear they made this overhang on the house just for this purpose. Holds about 1/2 a cord. The insert is right inside the slider. This just keeps getting better :).

~Bruce

Attachments

• DSCN2969abefore.jpg
    DSCN2969abefore.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN3326aafter.jpg
    DSCN3326aafter.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 187
Not a bad idea. You could extend the pavers from the patio so you don't get muddy feet when gathering wood.

good use of space; dry & close to where it's needed.

Paver idea may give enough room for another row ;)

Leave room for a mousetrap or two, or it'll be critter heaven in there.

Not a bad idea. You could extend the pavers from the patio so you don't get muddy feet when gathering wood.
Yea, I think gutters in order first. Now that the pines are cut back far enough, I can put them on.

Good adjustment.
Firewood good. Plants good, but in bad place.
Remove plants, insert wood. Wood now in good place.
It's all gooder.

Those elephant ear hosta's grow like weeds. They are in a bad place because they get too much sun. Is gooder a word?:rolleyes:

With a Lean-to added on. Now its over a Cord. LOL :)
Just a roof extension would work too. Only problem....wife thinks it would be a good place for an outdoor kitchen at some point.

Leave room for a mousetrap or two, or it'll be critter heaven in there.

Moved right in the day it was done. We call him munk for short.

That is making excellent use of the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.