Before Winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Once everything dies off (ferns & grass) this cherry needs bucking, splitting and stacking this year, it's been down around two years. Looks like I can cut it then let it roll down to the trail below.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2804.jpg
    100_2804.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 466
Should be some easy splitting there.

Yes it should lukem, looking for another 2-3 cord before Feb. then I'll be happy.

zap

Rolling it down the hill is the best part.Trying to miss trees and best your previous distance record will be fun. As you can see, I'm easily entertained... :lol:

It's nice when you can work with Mother Nature.

if the wood gets enough speed it could cross the trail, and go over the other side. Just thinking to myself and here of course.

Woody Stover said:
Rolling it down the hill is the best part.Trying to miss trees and best your previous distance record will be fun. As you can see, I'm easily entertained... :lol:

Woody Stover; I've gotten better with the rolling down the hill,bouncing off of trees.

zap

Gotta put a little back spin on it to get it to plant on that lower trail.

Sav; Mother Nature has taken a break the last two years, I think she is giving me time to clean up what is down.

jimosufan; on the opposite side of the trail is pretty flat and a downed sugar maple.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.