Berlin NH Pellet Plant on indefinite hold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
The developers of the Greenova Pellet Plant in Berlin NH announced that the project is in indefinite hold due to lack of financing. This was going to be a large stand alone facility that took in raw hardwood logs for feedstock. They have a facility in Michigan. They were one of the potential sources for Maine Energy Systems pellet deliveries. The plant was fully permitted and they had a state grant, but I expect, the possiblility of a large biomass power plant just down the road and depressed pellet prices did them in for now. They do have a plant in Michigan that is running. If someone needs more info, If oil runs back up to previous levels I expect they can restart pretty quickly. I might be able to scare up a link if someon needs more info..

Status
Not open for further replies.