Best Corner Fans for Moving Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdisarcina

Sep 24, 2008
NW of Boston
I need to get a corner fan for my fireplace room and would like to know what are the best ones out there. Thanks for your help!!

clyde said:
I need to get a corner fan for my fireplace room and would like to know what are the best ones out there. Thanks for your help!!

Hello Clyde

I also have Entree Air fan mounted in the corner of the doorway. However to make it more automatic I wired it to the cooling contacts on a Honeywell Line voltage SPDT thermostat set to 74 degrees!

My thermostat is an older model but this should do it:
http://www.pexsupply.com/Honeywell-...ne-Voltage-Thermostat-2+Heat-2-cool-46-to-84F

So when the room air goes above 74 Degrees the fan automatically turns on and distributes the heat.

Also for easy control I mounted a fan speed control and 2 wall switches.
The top switch connects the fan to the thermostat for auto operation.

The bottom switch turns the fan on manually. (I always like the old manual override feature!! LOL)

See pics below:

Attachments

• PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 220sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 220sc.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 825
  • PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 230sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 230sc.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 668
  • PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 050sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 050sc.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 618
For 25 years I used the Minuteman fan. It still works fine but I just had to go get a Entree Fan a couple of years ago. Noisiest damned thing I ever heard in my life. I have to confess though that when I shut if off I discovered that air convection in this barn is better than I ever gave it credit for and now I don't use either one.

http://www.nextag.com/Minuteman-F-10-Room-622180187/prices-html

The oft suggested practice here on the forum of putting a small box fan low in a doorway blowing the cold air into the stove room works a lot better than trying to move the hot air out. Try it. It works.

Attachments

• PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 240sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 240sc.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,433
87F? That room is really hot.

BeGreen said:
87F? That room is really hot.

Hello BeGreen

Yes, that is my basement room 87.5 Degrees F. The fan blows the air upstairs in this split and it is about 70 Degrees F upstairs.
Outside is 23 Degrees F!!

Status
Not open for further replies.