Best foot protection???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puller738

Nov 21, 2009
IL
I have a cheaper pair of steel toe boots which I use when cutting wood. My concern is the top of my foot when running the saw especially when using my foot to hold a smaller log in place while cutting it into smaller pieces. Anyone have any ideas on some kind of a protector which a guy could tie on the top on your boot. Thanks

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
yep dont use your foot for a holder you might need it later! using your foot a very bad habit...to cut your foot any place but the toe would be very hard to pull off, you can wear your chaps around the top part of you boot if need be.
http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?skw=chainsaw+boots&PageNo=1&x=11&y=7
But JAY....My foot is 12", so it's easy to get 18" rounds.... always 1 and a half boot lengths......

lol I have thought about how you would cut yourself on the boot and its going to be with a long bar cutting sideways I am just not that strong...but if you think your cutting style is where you turn the saw 90 degrees to your foot by all means grab a pair.

Like Jay said give up the foot holder plan it not only endangers the foot but puts you off balance . I recall having the log roll and nearly falling down , not a good thing when holding a running saw. Make yourself a sawbuck for the smaller ones and lose that habit of using the foot while you still can

tony and jay +1

Be safe. John_M

Thanks all. Appreciate your input. I'm kind of new to all of this and I'd like to keep my feet for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.