Best pellets around Philadelphia area,and where to buy them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Barefoot pellets for $255 a ton at Ray's Greenhouse. Very nice people. It's the only decent deal I could find.

458 Morwood Rd Telford, PA 18969-2346 - (215) 723-1476

Not to brag but I got a free ton when I bought my stove last week. I have one more trip to make to the stove store to get the rest. (I did not want to pay delivery). I think they are $229.00 a ton from Wood Heat in Quakertown.

I am in Eastern Pa too, Montgomery county. I was looking at the woodpellets.com website and they have free delivery for a few days yet. They had some good prices, I am new in the pellet world too so keep me informed of any deals too.

Thank you for the info guys and gal ill look around and see what i find closer to the big city but it looks like q-town and reading are where the deals are.ty rmw

Sydsdad,

if you are anywhere near Fehl’s that worfandpizza mentioned above, their price on Hamer's ($215/ton) is a smoking good deal!! Hamers are VERY good pellets, and that is one of the best prices I have seen for them.

If you can get there, buy as many tons as you can afford/store/haul.

imacman said:
Sydsdad,

if you are anywhere near Fehl’s that worfandpizza mentioned above, their price on Hamer's ($215/ton) is a smoking good deal!! Hamers are VERY good pellets, and that is one of the best prices I have seen for them.

Thank you for the advice , im headed over there tomorrow but only able to haul a ton at a time. I have a ton of greenes which you guys either love or hate so ill stock up on the Hamers (3 or 4 ton) since they seem to be a really good pellet at a great price..ty rmw

sydsdad said:
im said:
Sydsdad,

Thank you for the advice , im headed over there tomorrow but only able to haul a ton at a time. I have a ton of greenes which you guys either love or hate so ill stock up on the Hamers (3 or 4 ton) since they seem to be a really good pellet at a great price..ty rmw

Did I read that right? Hamers for $215 per ton, Thats a WOW deal there. I would be all over that too!

I still like the green teams too. What I do is tally the yes and No's. If the majority is yes there worth a shot. I would at least try a few bags. But I will try anything I can get my hands on. I just like knowing whats out there and how they perform in my bucket a bolts. You just never know when thats what you might need to burn!

I just found a place that sells Lignetic pellets very close to Philly. They are CBM of Neshaminy Valley. They are on Bristol Road not far from the Neshaminy Mall.

Fehl's is a good deal, they are an hour west of me, but I borrowed a truck from work and got 5 tons over the summer.
I live near Quakertown, is that wood heat place good? do they sell stoves, or just pellets?

worfandpizza said:
I just found a place that sells Lignetic pellets very close to Philly. They are CBM of Neshaminy Valley. They are on Bristol Road not far from the Neshaminy Mall.

Do you happen to know the price?

Ace hardware in Pennsburg PA has Lignetics for 225/ton

Status
Not open for further replies.