best price on 8" stainless chimney pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgia hillbilly

Oct 10, 2012
i am looking to find the best place to buy 8" double wall chimney pipe that is stainless steel. i dont mind ordering it online or picking it up locally. anyone know of a place to buy it with good prices?

i am looking to find the best place to buy 8" double wall chimney pipe that is stainless steel. i dont mind ordering it online or picking it up locally. anyone know of a place to buy it with good prices?
Try Menards. I purchased mine on sale , if I remember correctly, for about 75 for a 3' stick.

I had mine shipped from Menards which had the best price I could find online. Unfortunately a number of the pieces arrived dented, some more than others.So, buyer beware.

Mike

Check the local hardware store. I picked up a 6" kit and 8 feet of pipe (Metalbest all fuel) for just over $400 this summer. I don't think I could do that online and then I'd have shipping on top of that. With the hardware store they put it in their shed and told me to come get it when I was ready. The hardware store surprised me, maybe they will surprise you too.

Matt

My local ace hardware can order from Selkirk/ metalbestos. Their prices are hard to beat.

I can tell you what I did in this situation. I wanted to get Excel Stainless. I found a distributor online with free shipping, etc. I printed off my order and took it around to all my local dealers and gave them a chance to meet the price. I prefer to shop locally when I can, but in this case the difference between getting it online and getting it locally (at list) was pretty significant. I found a local dealer who gave me 15% off everything and actually ended up beating the online option. He said it is better to make some money than no money.

I ordered mine from Menards.. everyone was dented multiple places.. Guess you get what you pay for.

That is true about Menards, all six pieces of mine were dented. Good thing I checked them at the store. I tried to even get a better deal by asking if the manager would discouraged them further, and no such luck. So I had the clerk go through all boxes unfilled I got six clean sticks. It may be best if you can go to the store and buy the pipe as you will be able to see what you are getting before you buy.

I have 30+ feet of pipe I bought at Menards. I don't recall a single blemish. Must be my good clean living...

wow! menards is the best price so far. thanks for the replies. if they show up dented, they can send some more or discount them even more. i dont care but they have the best price so far @ $79 for 3' of 8".

Georgia Hillbilly, to get the dents out I purchased an inexpensive small suction cup at Harbor Freight. I was able to pull out all but the wost dent. I placed that dented piece at the top of the chimney below the storm collar where the temps should be lowest, and the dent exposed to the outside air anyway. And the dent is at least out of sight. Can anyone suggest another way to pull out the dents? I tried soldering a wire to the stainless to pull the dent out with, but the solder just balled up and rolled off. Didn't want to drill into it to attach something to hold onto.

Status
Not open for further replies.