Best time to buy wood stove or inserts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My answer wouldn't help much but, I picked mine up around Feb a few years ago. Price was right and they were trying to get rid of the stoves. If those are the choices, I'd talk to one in the know at the shop (I was talking to the owner) and see what they will give you for a deal. It is two fold, he doesn't want to have extra on hand and you don't need the stove right now. Its a win win for you.
Chad

Late winter or early spring is the best time in my book. I purchased one a month ago. Had looked at it a month earlier for 600 bucks more than I paid for it. Told them I would wait for a sale and the salesman assured me they wouldn't go on sale. After a couple more visits I decided I wanted to purchase so called them again with a 300 dollar reduction. Another week went by and I called again, getting the owner and I asked what was the best price he could do on the stove I was looking at and he did come down another 300 bucks so I said I would take it.

By mid summer and early fall they know people will be looking to buy before cold returns. I think you should be able to get the best price now but just my opinion and since I won't be going back I can't say if the stove I purchased will go any lower.

I agree with Carl!I saved $200 because they wanted to get rid of this years stove supply before next winter season stoves start coming in.

There are usually some good sales going on this time of the year, but the bad thing about buying now is you have to wait til next fall to burn it and it drives you crazy with anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.