Best tool for "unsplittables"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Anybody else use one of these on the tough ones?
IMG00434-20100523-1829800x600.jpg

Must be a Lab thing. My BIL's Lab is forever stealing splits from the stack to chew on. Could be an easy way to deal with unsplittables, but I for one would not be too excited about burning them after s/he was finished with the, um, processing. :sick:

My GSD has quite the um... appetite for wood. She chews them down to little nubs. I had switched to hardwoods so they would last longer but in Winter I had to go back to Poplar because the hardwood sticks break my snow thrower.

I have one of those. Looks exactly like that. Except at the time of the picture he'd have his eyes rolled up looking at me like "yeah, try and take it, just try it". Of course his tail would be wagging the whole time. It's an even bigger PITA to try and do limbs for kindling because he can go through them so quick and run off with them faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.