Better Wood / Colder Temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like this warm weather in the east won't last much longer.

zap

Attachments

• 300x200_12061017_1206_nextsurgecold.jpg
    300x200_12061017_1206_nextsurgecold.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 291
We often get your weather a week or two later.

Might start looking at the oak pile, possible overnight burns coming up.

Yippee...... ;-)

Yup, it figures. Heading north Thursday mid day. I will be able to hear the boiler kick on from 230 miles away.

Well at least the temp will drop so they can make some snow. Some help from Mother Nature would be nice as well.

KC

KC, you are liable to be driving in snow Thursday.

iskiatomic said:
Yup, it figures. Heading north Thursday mid day. I will be able to hear the boiler kick on from 230 miles away.

Well at least the temp will drop so they can make some snow. Some help from Mother Nature would be nice as well.

KC

Here is Accuweathers foreccast.

zap

Attachments

• 590x393_12062058_snowmap.jpg
    590x393_12062058_snowmap.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 232
Backwoods Savage said:

Sav, your supposed to keep this crap out west!

Zap

Attachments

• 400x266_12051954_clippersnow.jpg
    400x266_12051954_clippersnow.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 233
Any North-Easterners or Canucks here care to calibrate "Very Cold" for a Californian? That might be ~30°F here, but I imagine your definition differs.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
oooh! That icy finger reaches down to me.

Looks like it's drifted North a bit.

zap

Attachments

• 400x266_12071029_snowmap120711.jpg
    400x266_12071029_snowmap120711.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 217
Adabiviak said:
Any North-Easterners or Canucks here care to calibrate "Very Cold" for a Californian? That might be ~30°F here, but I imagine your definition differs.

20 to 30 below in my book.

zap

zapny said:
Adabiviak said:

20 to 30 below in my book.

zap

That's freakin' cold in my book! Looks like winter temps are soon to arrive, I guess I'll sweat a little bit less when cutting this weekend :)

Durn close to a 6-12" thingie here . . . that's gonna suck if that much snow covers up thawed ground all winter . . .

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Sav, your supposed to keep this crap out west!

Zap

Further west than us! We don't need it yet and are not expected to get more than some snow showers and maybe a light coating.

We have 50mph winds forecast tomorrow, no snow, but loads of rain forecast.

This time last year we were snowed in, and our mains water was frozen.

And we were trying to figure out how to keep warm without really understanding how to make the most of our wood ;-)

17 yesterday morning,10 this morning.Coldest so far this season.Just a dusting of snow here since that 4 inches on Nov. 9th.30 degrees later today with 42 by Sunday.50% chance of light snow tommorow night.Back to mid-upper 30's for early next week.

We will burn some oak tonight, and again tomorrow night.

Hopefully our cold snap will be just that, a cold snap.

At least with all the wind at present, we will easily replenish our wood supplies..... ;-)

Thistle...surprising the difference we have. Monday in NW Iowa we were 15 below and everything is white. I'm in Ankeny today and no snow and no jacket. We are looking at 30s too. Good weather to go get some more wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.