"Big Blue" Has Arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killick

Oct 28, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, the E-bay Econoburn landed in my door yard this morning and it is safely in the shed. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. It's on the pallet and won't be installed 'till the end of this heating season but I did take a peek inside.Wow! these things are built.The doors alone must run 40 pounds each.Looks to be very well built.Fortunately I made arrangements for a truck with a lift gate to deliver it as this thing is heavy and top heavy even attatched to a pallet.Oh, the folks at Aqua Therm,where I purchased it,were fantastic to deal with.My thanks to Kelly Rooney who was most helpful and paitent with my phone calls,questions and e-mails.Shipped from Minnesota to Nova Scotia with no problems other than the transport company delivering it to Moncton instead of Halifax.That was sorted out in a matter of hours.If anyone is considering an Econoburn 100 or 150 have a look at these on E-bay.The price can't be beat and the service is great.Updates to follow.

Earl

Good to hear another story of someone NOT getting hosed!! You're gonna love it!! Get that wood seasoned!!

Congrats, good boiler, great price.

I've been to both Moncton and Halifax, can't see how the two were confused. Different providences. But you got it, thats all that mattered

Thanks all,it's going to be interesting for sure.Yeah, Moncton and Halifax are 5 hours apart but I think it was an honest mistake and the transport company handled it promptly with no extra billing. Wood,yes that's on the list.Last year was poor for drying as it rained so much. Need to have a talk with the weather gods>

Earl

Uh,different Big Blue....mine burns wood not megabytes.Although I do hope it will generate a surplus of heat for the house.

Earl

Great to see you got her Earl. I'm sure you"ll be happy with it. House is at 21 this morning and my 150 is in the basement purring away. Wade

I see the post by buddy from India got zapped.Either he is very confused or has a twisted sense of humour.I wonder what fuel he was,ah,burning?

Earl

No harm done I trust. We had an internet security seminar at work this past week and the presenter had lots of stories. Scarry stuff...

Earl

I think it was some sort of httpd request loop - could have been someone or a script that hung, but it never happened before in 15 years!

Server load was up to 70 and db was refusing connections due to timeout.

I think I have some logging turned off (for speed), so I didn't look closely - just restarted apache and waited a few minutes and it subsided. Then I deleted that India guy.....again, it could have just been coincidence. If it happens again I will worry more.

Status
Not open for further replies.