Big Box Raising prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenfsr

Aug 12, 2008
orange,ct
At lowes today in west haven, ct. price went up to 224 ton from 197 , so i called the lowes in new haven and they said on phone price was 197, drove there and was told they were 224, told the mgr that i was told a 1/2 hr ago on phone that they were 197, so he sold me a ton for 197, derby store also 224, so i guess they are raising their price, also said next time they would be 224. Called home depot in orange, price still 197 but were sold out , so i called 4 other home depot stores in area, they were all sold out also, all said they were expecting orders some time later this week. found stove chow at home depot in stratford for 197, bought a ton.

Typically, is there a good time to buy pellets? What time of year? Is there a trend to prices throughout the year?

PJPellet said:
Typically, is there a good time to buy pellets? What time of year? Is there a trend to prices throughout the year?

From April - Sept.

Unless the big box stores get into a price war (and pellets are plentiful), once oil & gas prices start to rise, so do pellets.

The price of just about everything has gone up including milk again...

PJPellet said:

I imagine pellets are a lot like firewood. Get it/them early, avoid the rush and corresponding price increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.