Big E Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge

Nov 22, 2008
Eastern Pa.
I have my stove for 3 yrs now, and it has been a learning expierence. Buying pellets, Installing an OAK, and cleaning the stove. I must say this year has been worth it. I purchased 3 tons of Stove Chow pellets this fall at about $3.30 a bag. That was a good move the pellets are just fine heating 2 of 3 heat zones and my basement were the stove is located in a tri-level home. The only issue i am having is twice a day i shut the stove down for 3 mins. to remove a clinker about the size of a small bar of soap, I scrape out the burnpot and slide some hot coals back in and restart. My only fear is that when things are running smoothly something has got to give, so in an emergency I would like to have a go to guy for parts, is Eric still around? If not can some one send me a contact for Big E parts. Thanks, stay warm and hydrated.

Yes, Eric at kinsman stoves is still on the forum. Try sending him a PM, or try calling the store:

330-448-0300

He is a great resource for info about Breckwell's, as is Jay Takeman who owned a Big E.

Eric will also give forum members a discount on parts & ships fast.

Thanks for the reply, I will save the info. I would rather deal with a private salesman than with the Company.

You should not have to clean like that 2x a day. I'll bet the stove chow pellets are the real dark ones. they are the worst I ever burned. Last years (lighter color) are MUCH better. I just finished a ton of the dark ones, couldn't wait for it to be over. PS the breckwell website has direct sales on parts.

I had that same problem with the maine pellets in my stove last year. I had a ton left over and used them at the beginning of this year and my biggest help came from another thread on this site. I took out the plate the sits at the top on the left side of the stove, I now get great air flow and can run my stove on level 3 and clean it once a week not to mention a air temp of about 180 - 200 coming out the pipes on the front.

Dodge said:
I have my stove for 3 yrs now, and it has been a learning expierence. Buying pellets, Installing an OAK, and cleaning the stove. I must say this year has been worth it. I purchased 3 tons of Stove Chow pellets this fall at about $3.30 a bag. That was a good move the pellets are just fine heating 2 of 3 heat zones and my basement were the stove is located in a tri-level home. The only issue i am having is twice a day i shut the stove down for 3 mins. to remove a clinker about the size of a small bar of soap, I scrape out the burnpot and slide some hot coals back in and restart. My only fear is that when things are running smoothly something has got to give, so in an emergency I would like to have a go to guy for parts, is Eric still around? If not can some one send me a contact for Big E parts. Thanks, stay warm and hydrated.

If your fast enough , you can scrape the pot with the stove running, just look out for hot embers popping out on to the floor. My stove takes about 15 minutes to shut down and about 10 minutes to fire back up, so I'll scrape fast maybe three times to get the clinker out , so the open door switch won't turn off the stove, some times I'm not fast enough.

I've bought parts from Eric and he's a good guy to deal with, I saved like $50.00 on my new control board this year.

Dodge said:
can some one send me a contact for Big E parts. Thanks, stay warm and hydrated.

Here ya go... https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/64306/ I posted about a company that sells for about 50% cheaper than ANYONE HANDS DOWN and that's including Grainger. If ya run into any snags, PM me and I'll get you the direct link for the part you need from them. I recently had a brand new Convection Blower (Basket and all) delivered to my door overnight for only $88.02 , where as Breckwell's price for a 2 week delivery was $216.89, the dealer wanted $239.99, Grainger wanted over $150.00..... easy choice if ya ask me. ;-)

In fact, when I told my dealer how much I paid for my last few orders he wanted all the contact info for them. He said I was paying less than he was for parts and he gets discounts. so...

buildingmaint said:
Dodge said:

If your fast enough , you can scrape the pot with the stove running, just look out for hot embers popping out on to the floor. My stove takes about 15 minutes to shut down and about 10 minutes to fire back up, so I'll scrape fast maybe three times to get the clinker out , so the open door switch won't turn off the stove, some times I'm not fast enough.

I've bought parts from Eric and he's a good guy to deal with, I saved like $50.00 on my new control board this year.

hmmmm... I don't have "clinkers"... If you guys are dealing with clinkers, then your stoves are either not properly burning or your burning poor quality pellets. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.