Bio-Bricks???????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Can you mix them with wood???? Burn both??

JW

Webmaster said:
Lots of personal experience and reviews on here (search around) as well as on the wiki. I think the short answer is yes, you can burn both.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/BioBricks/

BG knows a lot more!

I did alot of research last year on here about them.I was not sure about both burning together.I was also hoping that the ones who burned with the Bio's would give some info on how it went. trying to jog the memory of some here.

Thanks webmaster. JW

Some folks do mix them with wood. However, the maximum, long burn benefit with the bricks is achieved by creating a solid mass of them which burns slowly but steadily.

I think the trick is to place them correctly in the stove. Why dont we hear about them like we use too??Do they work???

It's summer, not much burning right now except in the southern hemisphere. They work well when burned as recommended. This is in the wiki review.

I was referring too last season. Wiki is new to me.

BeGreen said:
It's summer, not much burning right now except in the southern hemisphere. They work well when burned as recommended. This is in the wiki review.
I read the wiki on that just the other day..

Was thinking about using a big block of biobricks for some nighttime long burns (and days when I don't want to go past the garage to collect wood), and then cordwood during the day.

Based on all of the positive reports I'll likely buy a pallet of bricks to use when laziness kicks in, or for my wife to use if I'm away. Of course this is assuming that price gouging doesn't prevail. We'll see.

I am thinking about bringing just a couple and using them in my ourfitter (hunting tent) woodstove this November. I would probably saw them into 3rd or something and mix with wood.

I burned Biobricks last winter in my bedroom's wood burning stove. It was originally a 3 season room that was later turned into a bedroom . It's about a 250sqft room and 4 bricks would keep it warm for 8-10 hours, and the heat would also spread into the next room over through the door. All I would do is use their teepee method and then let it be, maybe adding an extra brick or two on colder nights. Just picked up a ton for the upcoming year...

BUTerriers said:
I burned Biobricks last winter in my bedroom's wood burning stove. It was originally a 3 season room that was later turned into a bedroom . It's about a 250sqft room and 4 bricks would keep it warm for 8-10 hours, and the heat would also spread into the next room over through the door. All I would do is use their teepee method and then let it be, maybe adding an extra brick or two on colder nights. Just picked up a ton for the upcoming year...

What stove do you have? this is the type of feedback i need to see if they will compete with wood. or wood that you need to buy,not the free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.