Bio-Mimicry: Using Nature's Genious for a Better Future

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
An intriguing video that is very inspiring. Derived from its ending line, if you want abundant energy for everyone, you don't "drill baby drill," instead you remove the barriers that now prevent people from freely innovating to a better energy future. Bio-mimicry

BeGreen said:
Indeed, we should all develop thick, shaggy coats and tougher stomachs so that all this wood heating is unnecessary. %-P

Ever read Vonnegut's Galapagos? That's the premise, except we also evolve smaller brains to survive. Great read.

Cool stuff!! The term has a different meaning in an ecological context.

I have a friend whose daughter is studying architecture. I sent her the link to the TED talk and Pawlyn's company website. http://www.exploration-architecture.com/ She loved it and is so psyched! We need more fantastic visionaries that are willing to break out of conventional thinking. If we can dream of this stuff, we can do it.

I had to watch this video twice.
THis is where the Govt could step in and create sustainable jobs,instead of the political payback type where they waste a million or so per do nothing job. So what are they doing now ?CUTTING funding for science ,figures.Americas new motto, If you want anything done you have to do it yourself.

trump said:
THis is where the Govt could step in and create sustainable jobs,instead of the political payback type where they waste a million or so per do nothing job. So what are they doing now ?CUTTING funding for science ,figures.Americas new motto, If you want anything done you have to do it yourself. Same as where a small private company (tesla) embarrassed GM by building a powerful sale-able electric car.

This video is fascinating,its the future

Status
Not open for further replies.