Black Cherry Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
I laid down a cherry tree that was on my neighbors property line... hanging a tad bit over onto mine, he said I could take a few more if I want. There is a maple right next to it that I will take
once my corn is all harvested.Getting a pretty good supply of free wood so far.

WoodButcher

Attachments

• WB_Cherry.jpg
    WB_Cherry.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 601
  • WB_Cherry_02.jpg
    WB_Cherry_02.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 631
looks like a good score!

Very nice! It's hard to beat cherry for firewood.

Cherry is one of my favorites. I like the way it looks and smells when it's split and it smells great when it burns.

That's a pretty good size for cherry. Lots of good burning there.

Just found the answer to my question in your other post! So much for it being the "twisted cherry" you said you normally find! Thats nice and straight for you!

mikepinto65 said:
Just found the answer to my question in your other post! So much for it being the "twisted cherry" you said you normally find! Thats nice and straight for you!

Yeah...that one was pretty damm straight. I will split some this weekend and I'll see if the grain is.

WB

Nice. You know I live pretty close, so if you ever need a hand my taking would only need to be 70%!!
I still have a good amount Im waiting to get down the road untill all the weeds dry/die out around it.

mikepinto65 said:
my taking would only need to be 70%!!
Is this the wood mafia I read about in another post?

LLigetfa said:
mikepinto65 said:
my taking would only need to be 70%!!
Is this the wood mafia I read about in another post?

LoL guess thats a little steep, id settle for 56.8%

i'm assuming your waiting to drop the maple because that cherry came close to your corn : ) nice score i have never burnt cherry but have heard good things

rich81 said:
i'm assuming your waiting to drop the maple because that cherry came close to your corn : ) nice score i have never burnt cherry but have heard good things

Yep, I knew it would clip it...but what the heck, I got close to 6 dozen ears and there's only a few left. The maple is shorter but has a busy crown.

WB

Status
Not open for further replies.