Blast Match Fire Starter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy1957

Minister of Fire
Jan 8, 2010
Connecticut
www.youtube.com
Go to YouTube and put in "Fire Starter" like I did not long ago, and you'll see in the list, a video about a product called "Blast Match" (a product that supposedly is in every Air Force Fighter Pilot's Survival Gear pack).

I can see the value and usefulness of this product "outside in the wild" but I'm wondering about it's practical use (I use matches) with the wood stove.

Seems like one of those "neat" things to have and use with the outdoor fire pit in the summer, or on camping trips, but I wonder about the justification of using it, or practicality of using it to start the fire in my wood stove?

I guess it would work, but a match works just as well (lol)

-Soupy1957

Looks like something to have for sure in your backpack and I very well may be getting it. Looks good but for fire starting in the stove although it for sure would work, I think I'll stick to the Super Cedars.

Thanks for posting that Soupy.

Status
Not open for further replies.