Blaze king chinook 30 pricing...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
Quick question:

This evening I went to my local hardware store to purchase some 4 inch PVC pipe (burrying a cable this weekend) and noticed they keep BK products in stock. They had a sirroco and a chinook 30. The price on the chinook 30 was $3465. PLUS TAX. Does that make any sense? It seems kinda steep to me... I just wanted to make sure that my local hardware store is gouging us (as usual)...

Anybody else have a price for this stove?

Andrew

its that price here in newbrunswick canada also. I called the local hearth store to see how much a BK princess would cost it was $3700 before taxes and install. I asked the same question when I heard the price. I think someone said its because there is no distributors around here or something, and BK's are alot cheaper on the west coast or something like that

That's less than the price I was quoted last spring. Of course, my 'local' dealer didn't even know it existed, and had to call BK.

They're a lot less expensive on the other side of our continent.

Sweet, my sister lives in Moncton (Riverview). Moved away 8 years ago for Western Canada and moved here (Quebec) 5 years ago. Some day I will get back to NB!

lol. Treacherous " I realize you are probably paying the premium Canadian pricing though.". You mean the Canadian dollar which is at $1.03 US? Our prices never get adjusted when the US dollar drops...just check out book prices (inside cover)...

That seems like a better price though. Are Woodstock stoves not cheaper?

ANdrew

I touched the Chinook 30 but didn't get the price, I got the price on the legged sirroco of 1695$ here in the puget sound. Real american dollars.

I touched the Chinook 30 but didn't get the price, I got the price on the legged sirroco of 1695$ here in the puget sound. Real american dollars.

Real American dollars ain't what they used to be. Ben Bernanke just announced continuous quantitative easing or run-away inflation in real terms.

Had a quote in Feb this year for $2780 + tax. Also had a showroom one for 2300 + tax (from shop in Kamloops, BC).

Real American dollars ain't what they used to be. Ben Bernanke just announced continuous quantitative easing or run-away inflation in real terms.

Maybe my house value will finally start going up!

Maybe my house value will finally start going up!

I agree. I have an office and a house which have suffered. I have thought about this alot...Problem with inflation is even if real estate goes up, food and gas will cost alot more as well. Inflation does favor debtors as long as they can continue to cash flow and increase their income with the inflation.

I agree. I have an office and a house which have suffered. I have thought about this alot...Problem with inflation is even if real estate goes up, food and gas will cost alot more as well. Inflation does favor debtors as long as they can continue to cash flow and increase their income with the inflation.

Speaking of which, gas prices are sure getting ugly again. $4.08 for the low stuff, $4.50 for the higher octane.

LOL. You think $4.08 is bad? I am paying $5.48 per US gallon in Canadian dollars and $1US = $1.03 Canadian..what is wrong with that statement?!?!
Considering we get most of our oil from Canada, I am going to assume a lot of it goes to taxes?

It is a lot of tax however we are used to it. I am greatful in a sense: my first kid was born via C-section and my second one will be as well. And at the end of the day I pay nothing for those surgeries(other than that hidden gas tax...lol). I have certainly gotten my money's worth.

A

It is a lot of tax however we are used to it. I am greatful in a sense: my first kid was born via C-section and my second one will be as well. And at the end of the day I pay nothing for those surgeries(other than that hidden gas tax...lol). I have certainly gotten my money's worth.

A

I hear certain surgeries can be a hassle. You have to get on waiting lists in Canada. It's all probably dependent on who's telling the story I suppose. We have nationalized medicine coming in the U.S. too.

In Canada there are private clinics popping up. My employer offers private coverage, I am not part of Canadian health care. So instead of waiting I can go to a clinic and get reffered quite quickly. Major surgeries don't have much wait (elective) but minor ones do. IE: open heart surgery is within weeks yet some others can be 9-12 month wait. Pros and cons I guess...

A

In Canada there are private clinics popping up. My employer offers private coverage, I am not part of Canadian health care. So instead of waiting I can go to a clinic and get reffered quite quickly. Major surgeries don't have much wait (elective) but minor ones do. IE: open heart surgery is within weeks yet some others can be 9-12 month wait. Pros and cons I guess...

A
I have a friend who had to wait over a year for multiple bypass surgery...pretty grim....another waited a year for a brain MRI.....