Blaze king users fan setting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
How do you set the fan in relations to the thermostat ? If the thermostat is on 1 1/2 and you have good stove top temp do you set the fans on low or can you run them higher ?

Set them on low when I got teh stove and never messed with it again.

I run them on low if at all as the stove is in the middle of our living space. That said, if its cold and blowing, they get turned up as much as required to keep the house warm. Just try to do it when we're not around.

My stove has no trouble holding the house at 75* with the fan on low and T Stat straight up and down with 5* temps and 60mph winds. Stove is about 3ft from the TV so anything over low on the fans would be too loud.

This is my first year with this stove, so my procedure may change as it gets colder.

I have a ceiling fan in the living room, where the stove is located. I put the ceiling fan on low speed, blowing up, and it seems to circulate the heat rather well. So, I have never used the fans on the stove, yet...except to cool the stove down when the cat temp gets too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.