blew a fuse on my first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quickrch

Mar 28, 2009
Northern, VA
OK, in the world of dumb things this one is pretty dumb.

I was getting my stove started Saturday morning since it was cool and raining (around 50-55). Put 2 bags in the hopper, and hit the auto start. Then I remembered that I had covered the air mixer for the OAK. Avalon's have a slot to allow outside air to mix with inside. This is particularly useful when running on low to allow warmer air into the combustion chamber (so they say). I found it made a difference when running on high if I covered it but after last year I didn't uncover it. So I go and take off the back grate and POP! it hit the power supply and the whole thing shut down. Fortunately it was just a blown fuse and the soft ran fine Saturday-now. It'll be 70 on Wednesday and I'll shut it off again and UNPLUG IT!!!

so remember, unplug your stove whenever you open it up for service. Also, aftermarket modifications are to be made at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.