Blower fan cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedLab

Sep 7, 2010
Ontario Canada
I bought an old Regency Insert three years ago. The blower fan extensin cord looks like it has been replaced at some time. I would like to move it from one side of the blower to the other to use a plug receptical on the other side of the stove. The cord is not long enough to move to the other side. When I replace this cord, Is there a special type of heat resistant cord I could get. I'm worried about the cord melting, or getting to hot. It will run from the switch on the side of the blower infront of the blower fans and out the other side of the blower cover. Thanks for any input. Rich

I'm not familiar with your particular stove, but I don't think you will have a problem with the cord. Standard service cord is good up to 200-300 degrees F; unless it's right up against the firebox it should be OK. For my Pacific insert, I installed a receptacle in the rear of the fireplace for the blower, and just bundled the extra cord next to it. I asked my dealer this same question about my setup and he said it was fine.

If you're still interested in different cord, check out McMaster and search for "high temperature cord". They have a lot of different kinds and specify the temperature range for all of them. Plus, you can purchase most of them by the foot.

I installed the fan assembly in one of my Regency inserts and the base has cutouts for the cord on both sides.
As I remember, the cord inside is connected in such a way that it can be routed out of either side without adding additional wiring.
Check it out. Make sure you move the grommet to the other side too.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.