Blower not turning on when stove gets hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteWait

Nov 14, 2008
CT
Argh...just got 3 tons of pellets fired up the Quadrafire Castille....pellets feed fine, blower heats up green light comes on, add some pellets keeps burning hotter, red light comes on and normally the blower kicks on.....nothing nada zip zilch.

Where to start looking? Is there a blower reset? I know this was working when I cleaned it at the end of the season.

Please help I am cold :)

I forgot the yearly trick....my wife gave me a couple of dirty looks and then complained at the thing a bit and the blower started. I need to remember that for next year!

Shut the stove down and let cool. Unplug the stove! Try turning the blower wheel(convection blower I assume). If it spins easy it could be the snap disk that controls it.

Some of the quad users will be along to give better details on how to test the blower and maybe the snap disk.

If this was the first fire for the stove this year, occasionally we hear about comb. blowers that are just "stuck" a little and won't start without a little nudge by hand. make sure you have an extra gasket handy if you have to remove it to try this.

imacman said:
If this was the first fire for the stove this year, occasionally we hear about comb. blowers that are just "stuck" a little and won't start without a little nudge by hand. make sure you have an extra gasket handy if you have to remove it to try this.

It is the other blower ... ;-) .

If the pellets were feeding, then your combustion blower was running good enough to generate the vacuum to pull that switch in. Either your circulation fan was stuck, your snap disk #1 had/has some crud between it and the stove body (Purple wire) or you were just impatient. :cheese: The red and green lights have to do with the burn pot sensed temperature, not the temperature of the stove body. If the convection fan fails to come on at all, then you have a problem. Let us know how it's running.

SmokeyTheBear said:
imacman said:

It is the other blower ... ;-) .

Ooooops......well, it could be the same issue. Give it a little spin by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.