Bonfire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
There is a VA hospital near me. The grounds extend right down to the Hudson River. My wife and I were out on the boat on Memorial Day weekend and we finally saw the HUGE bonfire they do every year. These pictures are taken on our boat from at least 300 yards away. We could feel the heat from the fire that far away. It was hard to get a good shot in the limited light. One of them shows a building for scale. The building is about 100 feet from the building and is about 20'x'50, about 15' tall and up on a hill. They burn whole tree trunks!

Attachments

• DSCN0882.jpg
    DSCN0882.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCN0917.jpg
    DSCN0917.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 353
Cool It looks like one of mine!!! Although I don't get that nice reflection off of the water.

Billy

I have saw the aftermath of the fire a few years ago. It was a pile of ashes about 30'x30'. Big Fire!

I remember years ago, I was about 13 and there was a great holiday get together on a farm. Two adults left to get the burgers and hot dogs from the house a few hundred feet away while three of us who though we were adults were around the fire. You ain't seen a bon fire until you leave one attended by some teens and a pile of rail road ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.