Bosca 500 spirit Blues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TStorm71

Nov 20, 2012
I have a three year old Bosca 500 Spirit. I have already replaced the Convection Blower about a month ago, and now I have to replace the Control Board. While I have received fine advice from the folks at US Stove, ( Dusty ) . The amount of money I have had to shell out seems a bit much for this product. $700 plus so far. Did i get a Lemon? should I be looking at another Stove? The Stove works great when its running, but this is not it's year so far. Also , Does anyone know other places to buy parts for this Stove? US Stove is Great as I said, but I am not sure if I am getting the best price, or just their price. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

First welcome to the forum TStorm71.

About that convection blower, if it has lube ports on it, it needed to be lubed every 6 months. Check the one you have now so you can keep it maintained properly. The makers plate on the motor should tell you what oil to use.

Do you have the stove on a decent surge suppressor? They really need to be on one.

I've found that finding a cross referenced blower is a lot cheaper than what you'll get from the stove's support channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.