Both stoves are going for the first time tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Got home late from work and fired up the Morso but realized I wouldn't have enough time to heat up the house so just fired up the Oslo as well.

I'm sure running both is going to get old before the winter is over but it is kind of fun tonight.

There are those days. Enjoy'em while you can. I moved the office upstairs to quit doing that stuff. I still kinda miss dragging a cup of coffee down to the basement and watching the F3 come up to where my toes aren't cold. :)

I haven't run them both at the same time but have burned at load in the front of the house in the AM then a load or two in the back before bed. Ranch in the shape of a U is tuff to heat evenly without two stoves. I think come Jan-Feb I will be sick of tending two stoves also.

Heck, by December I will be sick of running one. :red:

I haven't run both at one time yet. Based on how the Isle Royale is doing so far, it's going to have to get down
to single digits or below to need the extra firepower. I'm sure we'll get there.

Wendell, are you saying it is getting cold over there across the pond? I see there is a bit of snow not far from us. I also heard Newberry got over 2" last night and more on the way. Then.....spring returns next week for a few days. But, you may as well get used to stoking those 2 stoves. Good luck.

I bet it got plenty warm in there? I burned both stoves once so far this Fall and found out it was way too much. Won't do it again til I really need it.

I also have both stoves running for the first time this season tonight. Supposed to get down to 20 degrees or so which is enough for my wife. And as much as I love it right now, I will be sick and tired of hauling all that wood by January

Status
Not open for further replies.