Bottom 3 settings on a 2004 Englander 25pvdc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cards385

Nov 24, 2008
Pa.
I just purchased a 2004 Englander 25 PDVC and was wondering if the bottom 3 settings are the same as my 2009 model. I have them set at 5-5-1 on my 2009, does anyone know what the 2004 model settings should be??

Did you buy your 2009 new, or used?

AFAIK, all 2004 and newer models should be about the same. I've seen 4-6-1 on the forum, but I'd try your setting and see what happens.

I bought my 2009 new, the 2004 I picked up for $400 works fine but the guy I bought it from has the settings at 1-1-9. I changed them to 5-5-1 and it seems to burn fine. He told me he always ran it at 1-1-9. I was just curious if the older stoves (without the auto lighting feature) had different settings.Thanks!!

Not sure on that one but I've been running mine on 6 4 1.
If 5 5 1 works for you then run with it.

cards385 said:
I bought my 2009 new, the 2004 I picked up for $400 works fine but the guy I bought it from has the settings at 1-1-9. I changed them to 5-5-1 and it seems to burn fine. He told me he always ran it at 1-1-9. I was just curious if the older stoves (without the auto lighting feature) had different settings.Thanks!!

According to Mike Holton of England Stove Works there were differences associated with having or not having the auto light feature.

I would call ESW and ask specifically about the default settings for each of your stoves. But that's just me.

I have tried several times but can never get to anyone. Sometimes I wait on hold for 15 minutes and still can't get through. I will try again.

cards385 said:
......the 2004 I picked up for $400 works fine but the guy I bought it from has the settings at 1-1-9. I changed them to 5-5-1 and it seems to burn fine. He told me he always ran it at 1-1-9.......

Obviously, the previous owner knew nothing about those settings....1-1-9 is the most wacked-out setting as I've heard on this forum......9 for the AOT????? YIKES!

As long as it burns OK on your 5-5-1 setting, you got a good deal at $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.