bought FISKARS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
Took the plunge and ordered a fiskars pro splitter 45 bucks free shipping guess we'll see this week if it is worth the 20 bucks more than a 8lb maul

I saw one locally for the first time the other day. The Stihl dealer had one hanging on the wall. $70! Yikes! I wonder if he bought it from Amazon or somewhere and just marked it up for resale. That was the first time I had ever seen one in person. It sure was pretty though.

quads said:
I saw one locally for the first time the other day. The Stihl dealer had one hanging on the wall. $70! Yikes! I wonder if he bought it from Amazon or somewhere and just marked it up for resale. That was the first time I had ever seen one in person. It sure was pretty though.

That wasn't the Pro Splitter

I bought a Fiskar yesterday at Sears! It's the most amazing AXE ever !!! It cuts like butter. I got the one with the 23.5 inch handle! You can't beat it!

Soadrocks said:
I bought a Fiskar yesterday at Sears! It's the most amazing AXE ever !!! It cuts like butter. I got the one with the 23.5 inch handle! You can't beat it!
I've never used one,thought about buying one but just don't want to spend the money on something that doesn't work. So does it really work on them big oak and ash rounds? Better than using a six pound maul?

ohio woodburner said:
Soadrocks said:
I've never used one,thought about buying one but just don't want to spend the money on something that doesn't work. So does it really work on them big oak and ash rounds? Better than using a six pound maul?

No

Save your money and spend the rest of your life wondering

My philosophy, "You get what you pay for!"

I'm only splitting seasoned logs that I use for the stove. I just like to have a good amount of small splits for starting up in the morning. Could it do a stump? Not made for that....if cutting up large splits into smaller splits, PERFECT! The sharpest AXE on the market, guaranteed. Check amazon for some good deals if you dont have these fiskars in your area.

Do a search on here...I never heard of Fiskars until I came on here asking for help with purchasing an Axe. I'm a newbie so Im not the best person to ask.

Bigg_Redd said:
quads said:

That wasn't the Pro Splitter
You're probably right. I know it said "Fiskars splitter" on it, but I don't remember what else was in the name of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.