Boys helping me get the woodshed filled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
Usually I like to have all the wood storage filled up by now so that I'm not processing it in the heat, but I just got around to putting the metal roofing under my deck (above part of my wood storage area) and I needed to get that done first. Having a low clearance like that makes storing wood there hard enough, but not having to deal with tarps anymore will be wonderful.

Was nice to have the boys helping me. Oldest will be 4 shortly and he unloaded about 3/4 of that truck himself (not too far from a 1/2 a cord on the truck). The youngest who will be 2 in the end of Sept wasn't doing to bad either bringing the splits over! Hoping this interest continues for the next 15 years or so!

Attachments

• boys firewood 002.jpg
    boys firewood 002.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 179
  • boys firewood 003.jpg
    boys firewood 003.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 162
  • boys firewood 005.jpg
    boys firewood 005.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 185
  • boys firewood 006.jpg
    boys firewood 006.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 153
  • boys firewood 014.jpg
    boys firewood 014.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 187
  • boys firewood 011.jpg
    boys firewood 011.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 220
Love the gloves, Pen :) Nice touch !

Won't be long & you'll be doing the watching.
Great pictures. They were having fun & proud to be able to help ;)
Ice cream afterwards I hope :)

Won't be long & you'll be doing the watching.
Great pictures. They were having fun & proud to be able to help ;)
Ice cream afterwards I hope :)

They did such a good job they each got a shot and a beer. Damn did they sleep good ;lol

Love the gloves, Pen :) Nice touch !

Those are his John Deere gloves, put them on him and it's like putting him into turbo work mode. He takes them very seriously, it's a riot. Need to get some for the younger brother.

Those are his John Deere gloves, put them on him and it's like putting him into turbo work mode. He takes them very seriously, it's a riot. Need to get some for the younger brother.

Looks like they did a great job......

Kids are awesome. Even if your having a bad day.... They turn the frown, upside-down.

Look like some serious wood stackers. Mine does a great job. But he is almost 11 and I pay him for the work..... He has gotten smart recently.

Very nice Pen! You are bringing them up right ;)!
Not having to deal with tarps is probably the greatest feeling ever in the winter time.

Reactions: PapaDave
Thats Awesome. I would let those two stack there perfect height. ;) Can I use one for some plumming work?

Reactions: PapaDave
Usually I like to have all the wood storage filled up by now so that I'm not processing it in the heat, but I just got around to putting the metal roofing under my deck (above part of my wood storage area) and I needed to get that done first. Having a low clearance like that makes storing wood there hard enough, but not having to deal with tarps anymore will be wonderful.

Was nice to have the boys helping me. Oldest will be 4 shortly and he unloaded about 3/4 of that truck himself (not too far from a 1/2 a cord on the truck). The youngest who will be 2 in the end of Sept wasn't doing to bad either bringing the splits over! Hoping this interest continues for the next 15 years or so!
They are to cute......

I feel your pain with the low clearance height. I stack wood under a covered porch. I toss the wood from the driveway to underneath the porch. Then I have to hunch down and stack the pile.

Good for you for getting the kids involved early.

Good stuff, Pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.