Break out the good stuff, snowing like crazy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
SNOW :exclaim: Behind the snow we are supposed to get single digits. Sure am glad I have some good stuff in the wood shed.

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 454
I hope the snow exhausts itself before it hits us...I'm so sick of it and these cold temps already!

That friggin storm is headin my way........supposed to bring a foot of snow with it. :sick: I am officially tired of snow.

wood-fan-atic said:
That friggin storm is headin my way........supposed to bring a foot of snow with it. :sick: I am officially tired of snow.

It's always tough to be tired of snow by early January - hang in there, only 10 or so more storms to go...... :cheese: . Cheers!

Don't mind cold, don't mind snow but hate them together. :mad:

Got just 3 inches of snow and burrrrrrrr it's cold. It got down to 2 after I snapped the pic.

Attachments

• DSC02267.jpg
    DSC02267.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 415
just a question...but....wouldn't you get more heat from the stove if it were installed inside of the house???
(sorry, just couldn't stop myself!)

Its January its all good stuff for the next 6 weeks!

wetwood said:

Got just 3 inches of snow and burrrrrrrr it's cold. It got down to 2 after I snapped the pic.

Thats what is all about!

Yea, the house is warm and cozy. Had been burning silver maple but filled half the porch with oak for this storm.

I am doing pretty much all Oak now with some Cherry seasoning. Saving the Locust for now, maybe even wait until next year.

24 degrees when I woke up at 530,16 now with wind chill of zero.Just over 8" snow since yesterday afternoon,most of it overnight with another inch or so expected by late afternoon.Already hit the high for today,-2 tonight with -15 windchill Wednesday morning.This big storm currently headed east/north east,so look out all my wood burning friends back East.Red Oak/Hickory burning right now,thermostat says 75 in here. :coolsmile:

NH_Wood said:
wood-fan-atic said:

It's always tough to be tired of snow by early January - hang in there, only 10 or so more storms to go...... :cheese: . Cheers!

Well i guess its a good thing were getting jacked off here in the great state of NH when it comes to snow this year. right now CT and Long island has more snow then NH. this storm BETTER hit us. havent riden the sleds yet.

sd1_today.jpg

We got 2 in. of snow last night, with temp. at 14 right now, supposed to be around 8 for a low tommorow night. I'm burning hickory and swamp white oak now.

smokinjay said:
Its January its all good stuff for the next 6 weeks!

Isn't that the truth. We got fooled by that warmup after Christmas and started burning chunks and uglies again. No solar gain, NW wind and highs of 20 have us back on the all good stuff diet.

Got 2-3" is all here. Looks like I'll put the snow blade on and clean out for the neighbors.

smokinjay said:
wetwood said:

Thats what is all about!
loving it. this is how winter should be. bring on the snow..

Backwoods Savage said:
Got 2-3" is all here. Looks like I'll put the snow blade on and clean out for the neighbors.

Is there any homes for sale by you? You sound like a great neighbor. Thats getting more rare every day.

I'm definitely doing my Happy Snow Dance today . . . can't stop smiling like a deranged lunatic . . . of course I say this before I drive outside.

Things are bad here...I'm talking white-out bad. I'm sitting at my desk already starting to stress about the drive home.

woodsmaster said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Is there any homes for sale by you? You sound like a great neighbor. Thats getting more rare every day.

Thanks woodsmaster. With the poor economy here in MI, there are empty houses all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.