Breckwell Big E question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Aug 6, 2008
Me
We just started up a new Big E tonight and we had a couple of questions. Nowhere in the manual does it talk about the on/off green light flashing when stove is turned off. Is it suppose to flash because it is plugged in or did we do something wrong? If I push the on/off button it comes back on. Help!!!

In other words , turn your stove to the manual setting on the control board ,unless you installed a thermostat.

I have the setting on the stove at hi/lo setting as we are using a thermostat. We are just trying to see how it all works and tonight we turned it on and the fire was real nice and the stove ran fine. We had it set at the 3 setting and had it on the thermostat. When we turned the thermostat up it went up to the 3 setting fine and the blowers all worked good. Then when we turned the thermostat down it cut the fire down and the blowers as I am sure it is supposed to. Then we went to turn the stove off. I pushed the on/off button and it started to shut down. The red light went out on the heat setting but the on/off button still was flashing. It took awhile for the stove to cool down and shut off but when it did the on/off light is still flashing. Is it supposed to because we are using the thermostat? Does the on/off light go out if you are using it in the manual setting? Confused!! This is our first pellet stove.

ajwoodman said:
I have the setting on the stove at hi/lo setting as we are using a thermostat. We are just trying to see how it all works and tonight we turned it on and the fire was real nice and the stove ran fine. We had it set at the 3 setting and had it on the thermostat. When we turned the thermostat up it went up to the 3 setting fine and the blowers all worked good. Then when we turned the thermostat down it cut the fire down and the blowers as I am sure it is supposed to. Then we went to turn the stove off. I pushed the on/off button and it started to shut down. The red light went out on the heat setting but the on/off button still was flashing. It took awhile for the stove to cool down and shut off but when it did the on/off light is still flashing. Is it supposed to because we are using the thermostat? Does the on/off light go out if you are using it in the manual setting? Confused!! This is our first pellet stove.

E mail Breckwell with the Question.I have never used a thermostat.

Sounds like it is running ok. Where is your Dealer? Have you called Him/Her?

Eric
330-876-0200

you might want to try the "high low" setting.i hear its easier on the stove.it keeps the stove on low till it needs to heat.

I emailed Breckwell and they were very helpful. Quick response also. Everything is okay, just an interruption in either the startup or shutdown process. I was wondering if it was because when you are running in the high/low mode with a thermostat, the thermostat is supposed to take care of the settings and when you shut the stove down, you are interrupting the hi/lo setting. Does anybody agree with me? Anyway, I don't think it is any kind of a problem. The manual is pretty poor. It tells you the basic but in reality, life isn't always basic.

I run my stove on HIGH/LOW all the time with a programable stat . The HIGH/LOW setting is a good way to conserve pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.