breckwell big e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatmoose

Jun 24, 2008
western michigan
i see rural king has the breckwell big e in stock for $1399 but the stove has no ash drawer. all of the big e stoves i have looked at had the ash drawer. are the stoves without the ash drawer older models or what? the price at rural king is quite a bit cheaper than others i have seen, is not having the ash drawer a big issue or not? i would appreciate any comments you might have. thanks.

I have a 2005 ,small window model .It has no ash pan. I turn mine off every Saturday in heating season to clean the ash , scrape the burn pot , and vacuum the burn chamber. Takes about 1/2 hour , I do get a little dirty.

i called breckwell and they said these stoves are built for these companies like rural king. no ash pans andsomething else different from the ones breckwell dealers. something that i believe was a minor thing.when i called rural king they said these were new 2008 models but they were out of stock. if you dont have a local store check the shipping fee.

phatmoose said:
i see rural king has the breckwell big e in stock for $1399 but the stove has no ash drawer. all of the big e stoves i have looked at had the ash drawer. are the stoves without the ash drawer older models or what? the price at rural king is quite a bit cheaper than others i have seen, is not having the ash drawer a big issue or not? i would appreciate any comments you might have. thanks.

It makes cleaning the stove very easy compared to no ash pan.

firesatrter, I just bought on last night from novelsstoves.com and it has an ashpan. It was $1871, and a stove shop here in maine retails it for $3100. I got the stove, hearth pad, and pipe vent kit for a total of $2367, (includes $60 delivery fee.. You talk to a real person when you call, and they were extreemely helpful. I am happy.

UPDATE:

Looks like the ash pan only comes on the Big E with the large glass window.

Look at both of the here and you'll see:

http://www.nevelsstoves.com/breckwellstoves/Breckwell_pellet_stoves.html

FG.

I ordered an large window Big E 2 weeks ago and am reading the Breckwell Big E brochure they gave me then.

The first feature listed is Large ash pan.

So apparently it has one.

FG.

jsvo said:
i called breckwell and they said these stoves are built for these companies like rural king. no ash pans andsomething else different from the ones breckwell dealers. something that i believe was a minor thing.when i called rural king they said these were new 2008 models but they were out of stock. if you dont have a local store check the shipping fee.

phatmoose said:

we make 4 types of big e's, only one however come wiht an ashpan, it is also the most popular so

the ash pan does make it easy to get all the ashes out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.