Breckwell P2000FS Starting itself?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublewide

Jun 14, 2010
Eastern PA
So I'm trying to figure out if my 2 year old got the stove going on his own? I kind of doubt it. I turned the stove off last night at about 10:00 PM and I came home from work and when I got in the basement to light the stove it was already on. I know that our power went off at about 10:15 last night for about 25 seconds and I'm wondering if when it came back on if it started the stove? I'm figuring that the stove fans were running even though the stove was turned off (in cool down mode,) but when the power switched on it lit itself. Is this possible? Seems like a design flaw in the electronics if that is what happened. My stove has no thermostat and I do have a surge protector. Is my hypothesis correct?

What does your manual say will happen when power is lost.

It usually depends upon the what the stove was doing at that time and the current indication of a fire.

Since starting the stove is a single button push it is also possible that even a puppy might be able to start the stove.

Two year olds are well noted for using fingers to poke at things, frequently things that the parents poke at.

I'm very familiar with two year olds, had three of my own and dozens of others that visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.